Busy School Holidays

Wow what a busy mid year school holidays I have had. It always surprises me at how fast the holidays go by before you even realise it you’re looking at heading back to school again. My holidays this time around were even more packed than usual. My holidays consisted of…

Junior State Championships

The Junior State Championships or JSC is aHockey Victoria tournament where representative teams from each region compete to become the state champion. I am fortunate enough to be the head coach of the Under 13 Southern Metro Region Girls team. After 8 weeks of training and practice matches we headed into the tournament as one of the favourites along with the Eastern and Northern zone teams. The big surprise of the tournament was the strength of the North Country team from Albury Wodonga who came out strong in the early rounds. Heading into the final day of the tournament it was a close battle for the top of the ladder with any team of these teams able to take first or second. Unfortunately for us in our first two games of the day we suffered some unfortunate injuries to two of our key players at bad times and went down in these games after dominating the majority of the time, knocking us out of contention. We finished of the day with a comprehensive win which made the girls feel good. On finals day we were disappointed in only playing off for fifth in the state and you could tell by how flat we played, we ended up losing the game and finished sixth. Congratulations must go out to the Northern Knights who went undefeated in the tournament and only conceded two goals. I was very proud of the girls in my team and was stoaked when four of them got selected for the Under 13 Hockey Victoria Team. I look forward to working with some of the girls again when I start coach the School Sports Victoria Under 12 team this weekend!

More to come soon!